By now, you know that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day
A nutritious, well-balanced breakfast can give you energy and prevent you from eating too much during the rest of the day
To help you start your morning right, we’ve rounded up the best quick, simple, and healthy breakfast ideas that will keep you energized all day
1. Best Ever Granola
The name says it all: This is the best granola to pair with yogurt, fruit, and more.
1/2 c. olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
2 tbsp. turbinado sugar (we used Sugar in the Raw)
3 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
1 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
3/4 c. raw sunflower seeds
- Heat oven to 300°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In large bowl, combine oil, maple syrup, sugar, and salt. Add oats, coconut and sunflower and pumpkin seeds and stir to evenly coat.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet and bake, stirring every 15 min., until granola is light golden brown and dry, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool completely.
2. Make-Ahead Egg Sandwiches
You don’t need to spend half an hour in the kitchen in the morning in order to eat yummy egg sandwiches for breakfast. Instead, make this egg, spinach, and English muffin recipe the night before.
2 oz. extra-sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
4 English muffins, toasted
2 c. baby spinach
- In a bowl, beat eggs with 1 Tbsp water and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large non stick skillet on medium heat.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring with a rubber spatula every few seconds, to desired doneness — 2 to 3 minutes for medium soft eggs.
- Spoon onto bottom half of each muffin and top with cheese, spinach, and ham (if using). Sandwich with remaining muffin top.
3. Curry-Avocado Crispy Egg Toast
Nothing says “good morning” like a fried egg drizzled with curry oil.
5 tbsp. olive oil
2 large eggs
2 slices bread
1/2 tsp. curry powder
2 tsp. lime juice
1/8 tsp. salt
Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Crack 1 egg into each of 2 small cups. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil on medium-high until very hot. Carefully add eggs; stand back, as oil will sputter. Cook until whites are golden brown and crisp around edges and set around yolks, 2 minutes. If edges are dark but whites are not set, remove skillet from heat; cover 10 seconds or until whites are cooked. Season with pinch salt and pepper.
- In small dry skillet on medium, toast curry powder until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir into 2 tablespoons olive oil and set aside. Mash avocado with lime juice and salt. Toast 2 slices of bread. Top each with avocado mash, 1 crispy egg and chopped cilantro. Drizzle with curry oil.
4. Tropical Smoothie Bowl
This bowl is begging to be Instagrammed and takes all of 10 seconds in the blender.
1 banana, sliced and frozen
1 c. frozen mango chunks
1 c. frozen pineapple chunks
1 c. almond milk
- In blender, pulse banana, mango, and pineapple with almond milk until smooth but still thick, stopping and stirring occasionally. Add more liquid if needed. Pout into 2 bowls. Top as desired.
5. Scrambled Egg Tacos
If you want to celebrate Taco Tuesday from morning ’til night
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 c. baby spinach
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
8 large eggs
8 yellow corn tortillas
Sour cream, crumbled queso fresco, and cilantro, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet on medium. Add beans, cumin, and garlic. Season with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until garlic starts to turn golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add spinach, remove from heat, and toss together until leaves just barely wilt. Stir in lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 tablespoon water, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet on medium. Add eggs and cook, stirring with a rubber spatula every few seconds to desired doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium-soft eggs.
- Lightly char tortillas under broiler or over a gas flame. Fill tortillas with beans, eggs, sour cream, queso fresco, and cilantro, if desired.
Try out these yummy recipes and let us know which one turns out to be your favourite!
For more stay tuned to People Pakistan!