They say ‘Animal lovers are a special breed of humans’
And the star in spotlight today is indeed extra speacial!
Now an established actor par excellence, Ushna Shah and her dogs are inseparable!
From constant Instagram updates to most awww worthy photo shoots, there’s no end to the love Ushna has for her little darling pets.
People Pakistan exclusively speaks to Ushna Shah on being the animal lover she is!
1. How many pets do you have?
I have three dogs. Narco the Pitbull, Audrey the toy poodle and Tweety the Shihtzpooh
2. How do you come up with your pet’s name?
I get inspired by various thing, Narco because I had just finished watching the first season of Narcos when I got her and she’s a Pitbull and had that adorable tough face, it just fit. She’s a complete goofball though. Audrey because when I got her and her cousin together (who passed away shortly after), Audrey has this beautiful auburn fur and her cousin was blonde so I named them after Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe. Tweety was a rescue and already had a name, so I had nothing to do with that.
3. What is the naughtiest thing your pet has ever done?
They all do weird things, Narco will mess with animals in the yards, Tweety will poo outside my room if she’s mad at me or mix mud in Audrey’s food if she’s mad at her.. Audrey is pretty docile she doesn’t retaliate she just loves.
4. If you were to pick between a cat or a dog, which one would you pick?
I’m a dog person.
5. What is the hardest thing about being a pet owner?
Having to leave thing for work and finding someone to trust them with, and the mom guilt that comes with not spending enough time.
6. What would your pet say about you if we asked for a reference?
She leaves a lot but she loves us.
7. Which animal would make the best type of president if the animal kingdom ever rises up and takes over
Elephants! They’re wise and kind and can protect when need be.
8. Pick one: Fluffy or Cuddly?
9. Do you think in Pakistan we are working for animal care?
Not enough, never enough. But there is a minority that takes a stand for them, relentlessly. Organizations such as ACF, PAWS and Todd’s Weldfare society work against all odds to rehabilitate and protect as many as they can and raise awareness, but we have a long way to go. The mindset towards animals in the majority of this country is scary and stubborn.
For more updates stay tuned to People Pakistan.